Tuesday, March 14, 2017

2017 Lutz, Get Out Round 2 Gene Lewter, 1700 - Anton Taylor, 1928 Nimzo-Larsen, Indian Variation (A01)

2017 Lutz, Get Out Round 2 
Gene Lewter, 1700 - Anton Taylor, 1928 
Nimzo-Larsen, Indian Variation (A01)

1. b3 Nf6 2. Bb2 e6 3. e3 Be7 4. g4 This move is interesting but probably premature. The only real advantage to the move is that it forces black to castle kingside. 4. ... O-O 5. Nc3 d6 6. g5 Nd5 7. Ne4? White invests too much in keeping this knight active when he gets a small plus trading it off. 7. ... f5 8. gxf6 Nxf6 9. Ng5 It is strange that after one mistake rescuing a knight my opponent makes an aggressive move with another knight that turns out to be even worse a mistake. It seems that My opponent is becoming more and more invested in this attack on my king that is doomed to failure by a simple rule of thumb. Three pieces are best to attack a castled king with in general. White has two so his attacking moves are premature by principal. 9. ... Nc6 Komodo dislikes this developing move. It prefers playing against the knight in black's territory with moves like d5 and h6. The list of moves that test Nc6 is relatively small. in fact there is only one move for white to hope for anything ... Bh3. I was not at all afraid of that move and even Komodo admits that black has an advantage in that case as well. My only weakness is my lack of development in my opinion so I set about to solve that first. 10. Bd3 e5 11. Ba3 d5 12. Bxe7 Qxe7 13. h4 e4 14. Be2 Ne5 15. d4 I couldn't decide whether this was a good time to take en passant or not. I decided against it but playing it as a way to start opening things against the White king stuck in the center is probably the best idea. What I played isn't bad though. 15. ... Neg4 16. N1h3 Nh6 17. a3 Bg4? This move was the idea behind Nh6 but trading off the bishops leaves d6 a little weak. It would have been better not to offer this counterplay in spoite of the fact that the computer gives black a won position in any case. 18. Nf4 c6 19. Rg1 Bd7 20. c4 Nf5 21. Bh5? I'm guessing I was supposed to take this Bishop but it is better to just leave it alone and with this swing in tempo white is completely lost when he was just on the brink to it. 21. ... Nxh4 22. Bf7+? Rxf7 23. Nxf7 Qxf7 24. Rh1 Nf3+ 25. Ke2 Bg4 0-1 I hit my clock and watched his flag fall in the face of losing his queen no matter what. 


No comments:

Post a Comment